The best holidays I´ve had
A scholar trip to Chacabuco
Of all the days that I spent studying in the same place throughout my life, I only remember this experience as the one that changed, in a certain way, my vision of the world and the form of being connecting to it.
Was on 21 April 2019 of a school trip corresponding to a semester subject, where we went to a former Saltpeter Works, Chacabuco.
I remember that we arrived in the morning and left before the sun went down.
All my classmates and I along with two teachers, undertaken this short trip to learn more about the past of the Saltpeter Works and the vestiges of the military dictatorship.
We were not allowed to walk alone because of the danger it could result in, otherwise, all the city t seems the same for unfamiliar eyes.
However, we were apart into groups that walked everywhere with total autonomy. The old theater, the houses, surviving structures of the Saltpeter Works, among other things, constituted this historical place that we walked recklessly.
For me, this "holiday" managed to change my perspective about what the desert may or may not be. Together with that, my way of seeing the country's history, making it into something that shouldn't be seen so far away because is part of us.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario